Elizabeth (Diz) Synnot
Elizabeth (Diz) Synnot, LLB, M Soc Sci, Sociodramatist, TEPIT, works as a psychodrama trainer and an organisational and community developer. Her interest is the regeneration of life in individuals and groups as world events and social themes unfold. See a fuller resume below
Elizabeth Synnot (Diz), LL.B, M Soc Sci, has developed her capacity and mental models to work direct with you to assist in the achievement of your goals. She will design processes and interventions to progress your work as an organisation, team and group member. Elizabeth has proven her capability throughout Australia in large scale, whole-of-government design and implementation of organisational development that assured achievement of work goals. Also she has standing, based on her experience, in working in the tertiary education sector, with small family businesses, large private sector industries and in the community sector. She has mastery of attending to development of the individual, team, organisation and community within the larger complex landscape. She is a practitioner, trainer and researcher in the fields of organisation development, action research, organisational-team-individual learning and evaluation research. She is able to work at the deeper cultural levels to ensure sustained, sustainable and sustaining development. Elizabeth has long standing commitment to social justice, humanitarian workplaces and the joy of life.
- LL.B, University of Adelaide
- M Soc Sci (organization development), University of Tasmania
- Certification as a Sociodramatist with ANZPA 2007
Director Management Development Centre, Public Service Commission, Northern Territory Public Service, 1983 - 1984
Director Professional Development, Dept. Public Administration, Tasmanian State Service, 1984 - 1986
Director Organisational Development & Director Award Restructuring, Brisbane City Council 1986 -1989
Director, Macquarie House Pty Ltd, 1989 to 2007
Director, Moreno Collegium for Human Centred Learning, Research and Development Pty Ltd, 2007 to date.
Proven Track Record
Design and implementation of complex organisational change processes including:
- Design and implementation of the management development strategy as part of the Cartland Review of the Tasmanian State Service,
- Award Restructuring of 32 awards in Brisbane City Council that comprised
- The design and implementation of organization redesign
- Strategic planning,
- Redesign and implementation of the salary administration system
- Job design, re-engineering of 10 work areas
- Representing the Council in the Industrial Commission
- Design and conduct of workshops in
- Team building with Executive Management Teams (usually two to three day residential workshops or regular meetings weekly, monthly or quarterly as appropriate) in Universities and Public Service Departments
- Leadership in Action to change the leadership culture of the Queensland Public Service
- Strategic Planning workshops with Executive Management Teams
- Coaching of senior executives in their leadership function and their management function
- Evaluation research
- Leadership in Action to change the leadership culture of the Queensland Public Service: a comprehensive approach that is practical, is an intervention in itself and draws on action research methodology.
Elizabeth Synnot has highly developed ability as a group worker, organization developer, particularly in cultural change, and as a team leader. She is regularly engaged to coach senior executives, train peer coaches, and conduct ‘community engagement’ and ‘whole of government’ leadership programs. She designed and runs trainer-training workshops in Leadership programs as part of a cultural change strategy for the QPS. She has ad hoc work as a group worker with Senior Management Teams in conducting their meetings and coaching executives in leadership and management. She is a competent evaluation researcher and is expanding her capacity and breadth in this arena.
She trains educators, organization developers and therapists to use role training, sociodrama and group work in their practice. Elizabeth also has a small clientele of community managed special interest groups. She is engaged by these groups to facilitate inter, intra organisational workshops and public forums where there are heart felt grievances and differences in belief. She also has experience in working with indigenous communities focussed on their leadership development where there are tensions, for instance between their justice group and council group, and room for improvement with the interface between government workers and community leaders.
Elizabeth works therapeutically with a small clientele from the work force and community using psychodrama.
Elizabeth lives in Seven Hills and conducts her organisational consultancy business mostly in Australia. She has one full time partner and three colleagues who regularly undertake joint ventures together. Her business premises are in Coorparoo, Brisbane. Several community groups also use the business premises.
She lives with her partner, teenage grandchildren and two dogs. She has a 1/3 share in 30 acres of land in the Byron shire, a very beautiful part of the world. Elizabeth dreams of spending more time there.
Moreno Collegium for Human Centred Learning, Research and Development Pty Ltd
The Moreno Collegium was established in 2007. Formerly the business traded as Macquarie House Pty Ltd. In 1989 Elizabeth Synnot established Macquarie House Pty Ltd, an organisational development business. The Moreno Collegium has a turn over of up to $750,000 per year, depending on the number of joint venture partners. Peter Howie joined as a Director and partner in 1995. Others with whom the Moreno Collegium regularly engages in joint ventures are Rollo Browne, Bernadette Rutyna, and Deborah Johnson.
Elizabeth Synnot, Sociodramatist
DIRECTOR, Community and Organisational Development,
0411 876 969